Wednesday 20 June 2007

Things I'm rocking at the moment

In terms of music, top of my playlist at the moment is Bayani by Blue Scholars released soon on Rawkus. I was turned on to this by the boys at When they reminisce who have been going on about it on their blog for ages, so I copped a copy to check it out, and it is pure excellence. I'd never heard of these guys before, and to be honest had pretty low expectations, but the combination of the lyrics, delivery, and most of all the production make this a brilliant LP. There's three top tunes on it, Bayani, Fire for the People, and the biggie Loyalty. Loyalty and Bayani are pure summer vibes, BBQ on the go and Red Stripe in hand and I could listen to these on repeat for a minute. The production is so deep on these tracks that you hear new elements each time you listen to them. Support them, buy a copy of Bayani. I did.


Just finished Arthur & George by Julian Barnes, wicked book, Booker nominated a couple of years ago. The cover is pretty underwhelming, but everyone loves Sherlock Holmes so I thought a fictional book about his creator Arthur Conan Doyle would be worth a read, and believe me it was.
It's probably best described as a creeper, not that much happens, but you get sucked in by the feelings you develop for the characters, and the engaging story that keeps you interested, but never overwhelms the characters. Overall, I really enjoyed it, well worth checking.

No comments: